The Guild of Tentmasters (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers with regards to their personal data. Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media, will be safeguarded ensuring that we comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We have both an internal data protection policy as well as external website privacy policies in place which reflect the requirements of GDPR. Audits within the business are carried out to ensure compliance with these policies.
We are also committed to ensuring compliance with regard to transportation and destruction of personal information. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection as set out in the GDPR. These principles state that personal data must be:
• Fairly and lawfully processed in a transparent way
• Collected and processed for valid purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
• Adequate, relevant and not excessive
• Accurate and kept up to date
• Not kept for longer than necessary
• Processed in line with the data subject’s rights
• Kept securely
Not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws.
Collecting your information
The type of information we may collect includes your name, postal address, job title, e-mail address and telephone number so that we can contact you. This will be collected when you open an account, place orders on the website or over the phone, request quotations or request marketing information to be sent such as catalogues to be sent out.
We may also collect limited information regarding how you use the website by cookies.
Using your information
The information we gather is used for the following:
• To manage your account
• To process your orders and to provide you with quotations
• To keep you informed about the progress of any active transactions such as orders or quotes
• To provide you with documents such as proof of delivery, invoices and statements
• To contact you about your opinions on our products and services
• To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
• To keep you informed about the developments within the industry
• For record keeping purposes
This information you provide us is kept so as to be able to process your orders/requests or to send to you information on products and services for long as you are happy for us to do so.
You will be able to let us know if you no longer wish to receive product or service information from us each time you receive an email by following the unsubscribe link to change your preferences about what you receive or to unsubscribe completely.
Sharing your information
Your personal details will never be shared outside of The Guild of Tentmasters for marketing purposes. We may however use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services include but are not limited to sending postal mail/emails, sending surveys about our products and services or analysing data. We will only provide these companies with the information they require to perform services that we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may be required to disclose your information by law or where a court, the police or other enforcement agency has asked for it.
Protecting your information
The Guild of Tentmasters have appropriate physical and technological security measures setup to keep your information safe. Internally access to personal information is limited to employees who need to access it in order to do their jobs. This information is never transferred outside of the UK.
Capturing information online